Friday, July 10, 2009

Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1, Class 2: Rainbow Cake

I had my Wilton cake decorating class last night. It took me quite a while to get ready for it. I had to make several different icings in three different consistencies. I used Wilton food coloring to achieve these colors. I love them!
I baked a double layer chocolate cake. I leveled it off using a knife, and it came out fine. I put some chocolate icing inbetween. I iced the cake before class.
During class, we learned how to transfer a pattern using piping gel. Now I know how to transfer any pattern! We also learned the base of the rose, and some some decorating techniques. I really do learn a lot at these classes. At the end, we had time to decorate our cakes. Mine will be eaten this weekend at a party!

Double layer:

With icing:

The final cake:

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! That was one of my favorite Wilton cakes to make :)

    ReplyDelete