Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I really enjoyed making these for a party I am going to tonight. My camera isn't working, so these pics are from my computer's camera (so they are not good pictures). I will try to add better pictures another time.
I bought these cones at the grocery store. I was excited that they came in so many colors. I made them by putting the cones in muffin pans and filling the cones directly. I know some people make cupcakes and then put them into the cone. I liked baking them in directly, but a few got messed up while baking. But if you don't mind a few casualties, it is okay.
I had some blue icing left over from a cake I recently made, so I used that for some of the icing. The other icing is a new recipe that I tried, and I have to say, I like it better than icing with shortening as far as taste. But I think for cake decorating, icing with shortening is better.
The icing recipe I used was very simple: 1 stick of butter, 1 pound of confectionery sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla, and two teaspoons of milk.


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Glad all those colored ice cream cones went to good use. :D

    ReplyDelete