Saturday, June 27, 2009

Graduation Cap Cupcakes

I made these graduation cap cupcakes for my students very last minute and late at night, so they did not turn out too well. I was planning on making them again the following night for another graduation event, and I bought all the things I needed, but I was unable to do so. My students, who are 10, LOVED them, so that was great! However, if you make them, I suggest using the Ghirardelli chocolates instead. I used Fudge Shoppe Deluxe Grahams cookies, but they were rectangular, so I had to cut them to make them squares. It got messy and didn't look as good. I used a Reeses's Peanut Butter Cup mini. I used colored icing to make the tassel. Another option for the tassel is to use something like Laffy Taffy and cut it or some kind of licorice held with icing or a mini M&M. Colored icing to match the tassel is another cute idea, but like I said, I was in a huge rush!


No comments:

Post a Comment