Sunday, May 17, 2009

Porcupine Cookies- No Bake


My mom taught me how to make these no-bake cookies when I was a little kid, and I still LOVE them. I don't make them often enough. They are delicious and people will wonder what is in them! Here is the recipe that I use. I also listed substitutions. I have also heard these cookies called spider cookies, haystack cookies, and bird nest cookies. Whatever you call them, they are great and kids will love helping you make them.
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.) (or can use butterscotch instead)
  • 2 cups chow mein noodles
  • 1/2 cup of peanuts (or can use walnuts, pecans, or any other nut)
Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper. In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate or butterscotch chips. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the chow mein noodles and nuts until thoroughly coated. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Chill for 15 minutes or until firm. Remove from refrigerator. Store loosely covered in a cool place.


No comments:

Post a Comment